Monday, December 1, 2008

AU 2008

So, I'm not there this year because of timing, the economy, and project deadlines but I wanted to talk a bit about the Autodesk University Conference (AU) that is currently underway in Las Vegas. I'm bringing it up, mainly, because I'm getting email after email from AU.

I was able to attend last year. I've attended other conferences before and I have to say that AU is a non-stop architectural technologist's dream. At the end of every day, I was dead tired after going through the multitudes of classes and labs. Put on top of that an immense showroom floor with every possible technology you could think of (except of course any competitor of Autodesk).

I have to say I learned a lot there. Of course, I mainly focused on BIM and Revit. But, I did attempt to branch out and find the things that few are thinking about. Many people are able to explore the edges much more than I am and this conference is an excellent opportunity to pick their brains.

If you're there or you're on your way, enjoy!

No comments: